As everyone in the entire world knows by now, the hit TV show American Idol is about talented and not so talented singers making it through the American Idol tryouts by impressing the American Idol judges and then competing against other American Idol contestants in order to be given the coveted title of American Idol winner. Here are some helpful tips to help you advance through the American Idol auditions and rounds.
Tips For American Idol Auditions
The Fox networks television show is an Americanized version of the U.K. show called Pop Idol. American Idol is produced by Ken Warwick and Simon Fuller, the very same U.K. producers of Pop Idol. The American Idol TV show made its U.S. debut on June 11, 2002. America Idol’s first television season was enthusiastically received by record television viewers from across America. By way of doing a nationwide search for talented singers, the TV show aims to discover the best unknown singing talent in the country. The American Idol contestants are selected from the American Idol auditions which are usually held in six to seven U.S. cities every season.
From American Idol Auditions To The Finals
During these American Idol tryouts, the American Idol contestants are culled from thousands of singers into a few hundred. The American Idol judges will whittle down the remaining contestants even further still during the Hollywood round. In the end, from the thousands of hopeful singers who signed up for the American Idol tryouts with dreams of being acclaimed the American Idol winner, only 24 contestants, 12 males and 12 females, go to the semifinals.
The survivors of the semifinal round, 12 American Idol contestants in all, will then go on to give it their all in the final round. To make it all the way from the American Idol tryouts into the final round takes a great deal of talent. In the final rounds, one singer will be eliminated from the bottom three contestants each week until the American Idol’s final episode of the season where there are only two singers remaining from which the American Idol winner and runner up are then selected. Too bad the name is already being used by another popular TV show because American Idol should be more aptly named “Survivor”.
What It Takes To Become An American Idol Winner
Getting a break on the American Idol TV show is what many novice singers can only dream about. They hope that some day the American Idol results will have their name as the winner. After seeing the successful careers of past American Idol contestants, many singers are also trying very hard to get an American Idol tryout. While some contestants fail and some come out on top, we need to realize that there can be only winner at the end of each season and not every singer performing on the show can wear the American Idol crown. Singing talent alone is not enough to make you a winner. A beautiful voice may get you through the American Idol tryouts, but you also need to have a special personality to have a chance at winning the competition. I is important to have the rhythm and command over different tunes in addition to having a beautiful singing voice. Knowing how to dance along with your singing is a talent that is sure to give you a huge advantage over other competitors who cant dance a lick.
The American Idol Official Website
If you are planning to tryout for an American Idol audition you need to be prepared. It’s a good idea to head over to Fox televisions official American Idol website and read and memorize all of the helpful information provided there. You will find plenty of frequently asked questions and answers on their website. If you have any misconceptions about trying out for the American Idol auditions and/or competition, you can clear many of them up by reading the information provided. A couple of the eligibility requirements to get into the competition are: You should be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. and You should be between the ages of 16 and 29.
Tips To Make You An American Idol Winner
Some helpful advice for aspiring contestants from previous winners of the American Idol are:
1) It is imperative that you rehearse the songs you choose over and over again until you’ve got it perfect. Then, make sure you sing that same song in front of the American Idol judges with full confidence. If you do it right, you will capture their attention and imagination and leave them wanting to hear more form you.
2) You really need to put everything you can into the song you are singing.
3) You should feel the lyrics when you are singing a song. When you do it right, the expressions should show on your face.
4) Remember to focus all of your attention on getting though the American Idol audition or current round. Each time you make it into next round you have an extra chance to show your talent and you are that much closer to the crown.
5) Always treat the American Idol judges with respect. Be completely honest and truthful at all times.
6) American Idol judges often like contestants who dedicate songs to their family members and friends.
7) If you are asked about your role models, try to come up with at least two or three names. When you describe them, you need to fine tune your verbiage and if at all possible try to come up with some interesting words to describe those personalities, but only if you are comfortable doing so. If you feel uncomfortable doing so, then do not use it because you could only end up getting embarrassed.
8) Be prepared to tell about yourself succinctly. Make sure that you dress well. It’s important to dress fashionable, but never be under dressed or too overdressed.
9) It never hurts to train. By taking a few voice-training classes you will greatly increases your chances of making it past American Idol tryouts.
Are You The Next American Idol Winner?
By following the tips discussed above you can only enhance your chances of making it past the American Idol audition. Who knows, with your talent and my tips there should be no stopping you. I look forward to seeing you on the next American Idol TV show. Heck, who knows, the next American Idol results may have as the next American Idol champion!